These difficult financial times suck for everyone....so I’ve come up with a list of 10 free ways to have fun.
Give some a try & please add your own ideas in the comment section for others. Let’s all save more money and have more FUN!
1. Go for a walk
2. Play a board game – you still have board games, don’t you?
3. Eat outside – you’re going to eat anyway --- go outside in the yard, balcony or bring everything to a park
4. Go to the park – swing on the swings, slide down the slide, play tag
5. Got dirt? Water? Have a mud fight. Yeah, really. I dare you!
6. Pull out those old CDs, pin drives, (photo albums if you’re that old) and look at pictures together
8. Stare at the stars, wake up in the middle of the night and go to a window or go outside and just enjoy the universe
9. Cook together – make a great meal and share it by feeding each other
10. Go on a long drive together (okay, not free given the cost of gas, so I’ll add another one to my list) but drive somewhere without being in a hurry, take time to talk, look around, make-out in the car. Ahhhh… making out in a car, how long has that been?
11. Talk. Turn off everything – TV, computers, cell phones, etc…, turn out the lights, light a candle and just talk. Share happy memories from childhood. What did you love when you were a kid that you wish you did more of? Can you find a way to incorporate it into your adult world?
When I was a kid, I LOVED to climb trees. I lived in trees during the summer. Up in a tree away from the world, I'd read books, draw, sing and, of course, spy on everyone down below. Trees were my perfect place to be. I've climbed trees with all three of my kids throughout the years, but I don't think William and I have ever scaled a tree togehter. Maybe we should try that for our free fun!!
Save the Laughter for After - I try to be an adult, to have poise and maintain composure and all that. It's just that sometimes, my inner twelve-year-old makes herself known - and recen...
4 days ago